Transloading Railroad Sevice
Transloading is the process of moving material from one form of transportation to another. For example, imagine you are bringing in some building supplies from the east coast. You discover you could be cutting transportation costs by using rail instead of trucks, but you don’t have rail access on your property. This is where Metro comes in. Your material gets shipped to Metro Transloading where it is unloaded from the rail and reloaded for delivery by truck to your doorstep, saving you time and money. We also offer storage of material for later delivery.
Why Metro Transloading?
The Metro Transloading facility in Salt Lake City, Utah, boasts 5 total acres, 3 rail spurs and 32,000 sq. feet of weather protected storage space. Here are a few more reasons to consider using Metro Transloading:
- Personal relationships – you have direct contact with management personnel
- Excellent customer service
- Capability to process and deliver maximum loads (70,000 lbs +)
- Able to receive both Union Pacific and BNSF railcars
- Full fleet of trucks and trailers
- Load brokering services also available
Questions about our Transloading services?